Thursday, September 2, 2010

B'scuze me, Mr. Officer...


As luck would have it, Piggy and I got pulled over at 11:45pm on Tuesday. Here is what happened:

Piggy: "OH SHIT. A cop!"
Gooser: "Maybe he won't pull you over. Maybe. Hopefully? Oh, fuck."
Piggy pulls the car over, puts it in park and places her hands at 10 and 2 o'clock.
Piggy: "I've done this before, can't look like I'm doing anything suspicious."
Officer: "Hi, m'am. Do you know why I pulled you over? You were going 80 in a 70. May I please see your license and registration."
Piggy: "I need to reach into the back to get my wallet. Goose, where is the registration?"
Gooser: "Uh, good question. I don't know."
Officer: "Who is the car registered to? Where are you girls going?"
Piggy: "It's her car, well, it's the dealer's car, we're borrowing it. We're coming from Louisiana and going as far as we can get tonight."
Officer: "Uhhh?"
Gooser: "My car is in the shop so the dealer gave us this one. We're headed to Nebraska, stopping just north of Wichita tonight."
Officer: "You're north of Wichita now. And why is this a Washington, DC license? I thought you were from Louisiana...?"
Piggy: "I'm visiting her. Going to a wedding. I'm so tired I don't know what is going on."
Officer: "Let me go run this license."
5 minutes later.
Officer: "Ladies, I'm issuing a warning. It took me so long to figure out the Washington, DC license that I gave up. Drive carefully. Have a good night."

Piggy: "I'VE NEVER GOTTEN A WARNING BEFORE. I'm framing this."


What we learned in Kansas is that so long as one of you is brunette and one of you is blonde and both of you are white your story can make no sense but you still get a warning ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment