Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oh, hi.


Oooops. I've neglected this blog-a-ma-bob for a little over a month now, and I've had good reason. I swear. Let me tell you all the reasons...
1. I got me a job!
No Diggy (and all the rest of you), it's not on a corner or in a spa. And it's no Red Rocks. Or Grand Central. Or MSC. There are real rules (like I can't wear my nose ring) and Jameson/soda water/pepperoni are not at my disposal. It's horrifying, terrifying, and absurd all at the same time. But, it's allowing me to meet new people and paying mah bills, so it will suffice for the time being whilst I search for a big girl job.
2. Danny G. came to visit.
This, my friends, it one of my closest pals from GW. We met at the Key Depot and made it our job to drink and listen to Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You" while making feeble attempts at sympathizing with girls who got drunk, lost their keys, and came begging at our office window. It was hilarious times.
Danny and I spent the weekend eating too much food (Frank & Johnnies! Cafe Du Monde!), enjoying many drinks in the street, and gossiping like schoolgirls (sorry). We traversed the city, visiting Brad Pitt's Make It Right campus in the 9th Ward and stomping our way through the French Quarter. If you didn't get a chance to meet him, he will be back (hopefully) for Mardi Gras and (definitely) for Southern Decadence.
On to the next one...
3. Piggy G. Tomkins came to New Orleans and ruined it.
One of my other best pals, Piggy, visited the weekend after Danny G. We've seen each other for a total of 3 hours since February 15th so this visit was much anticipated and appreciated. We drove to Nebraska bookending our trip with stays in NOLA. We hit Holdrege, Lincoln, Omaha, Wichita, and Kansas City, witnessed Tringer and Bram tie the knot, managed to not get one speeding ticket, and somehow, are still friends. I wish I could recount each event that occured on our epic 12 day journey, but that would be attempting the impossible. If you know me, or Pigs, you may understand. If you know us together, you know that we left a trail of destruction (and coffee) in our wake.
Cue SpottieOttieDopaliscious!
I am now back in New Orleans, attempting to put my life back together and wishing that I could rewind and do it all over again.

Photo credit Danny G.

No comments:

Post a Comment