Thursday, September 2, 2010

Going to the chapel, gonna get marred.

I had the distinct pleasure of being invited to the weeding festivities of Tringer and Bram this past weekend in Nebraskee. The week was filled with bridal showers (mmm, pie!), visiting parents and friends in Lincoln (thanks for the Jameo, Ders), catching up with old DC friends at a Mattress Factory (a pants-pissing good time, wasn't it?), and learning the true art of the Shake Weight. Trust me, if you're not jealous already, you should be.

I had been looking forward to this event since I moved from DC. I knew that it would be the first opportunity to see everyone together, and with the copious amounts of alcohol sure to be provided, it would supply us with endless laughter and fun. I was right on every level.

The weeding provided Piggy and I the opportunity to spend 40+ hours in the car recounting life's latest trials and tribulations (there are many). It also provided a platform for Kunta Kitty and I to judge everyone, whilst swapping terrible and hilarious comments and stealing Miller Lights from the mini-fridge. It allowed for Manhattan to fulfill his dream of being a human lamp, and it set the stage for weeding attendees to march down the street singing carefully crafted songs celebrating the newlyweds (Mollet, Mollet, Mollet!).

Most importantly, the weeding allowed friends and family to celebrate the love of two wonderful and fantastic people (well, one fantastic person and one amazing goat).

I am honored to have been included in the festivities.

I am happy to report, that upon driving back into New Orleans I didn't feel an ounce of sadness or dread. I was excited to return to the city, my few friends, and even the heat.

All in all the Omaha Trainwreck shed a painful light on what I am missing here in New Orleans, but also a beautiful reminder of what I gained while living in DC...a network of insane friends who find it appropriate to use offensive language in any situation and at anytime of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment